Re:MGB timing (was acceleration problem)

To: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re:MGB timing (was acceleration problem)
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:24:01 -0400 (EDT)
Per John Twist "There are two types of Lucas distributors with vacuum
advances one advances 10 degrees on advances 20 degrees. Look at the
number stamped on the limiting finger within the distributor body. The 10
degree distributor is connected to the tit on the carb and is timed at 20
degrees BTDC at idle. The 20 degree distributor is connected to the vac
port on the intake manifold and is timed at 15 degrees BTDC at 1500 rpm
vac disconnected. If the distributor reads 13 degrees, treat it as a 10,
if 17, treat it as a 20".
...Art