Daily Drivers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Daily Drivers
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 10:57:24 EDT
<<  I have three MGs, but to be honest, wouldn't want to rely on any
of them as my main car. I need at least one car that I know I can
just hop in and be where I want to be, so in turn I can make any
plans I need to make and I'll be sure to be able to get there.>>

I wouldn't be so quick to rain on his parade.
I bought my first MGA when I was 18 and used it for several years as my sole
means of transportation. While I will admit that it also acted as an enforced
short course in mechanics, it was an experience that I have never regretted.

In fact I bought the car a couple of months after I met a girl friend that
also became very familiar with the ins and outs of British Cars (crank
starting it in the drive-in when your battery dies, etc.). The girl friend
became my wife, and I still have both she and the MGA. Wouldn't part with
either!

Bill S.