Re: daily drivers

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: Re: daily drivers
From: "Ray e. Huff" <mgbrh@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:26:10 -0700
Keith Wheeler wrote:

> My '75 MGB has been my primary tranpsort for the last 12 years.
> High school, college, halfway across the country to a new job,
> the MG has performed wonderfully.  Yes, the engine has been
> rebuilt.  The suspension has been rebuilt and then well cared for.
>
> Over the last year, my office has seen the owners Ford barf up
> a transmission, a client's Ford lose a fuel pump, and one of our
> techs had a fancy 300ZX that wouldn't run.  Of course everyone still
> picks on MG as being unreliable.  Ha!
>
> And not only is mine a daily driver, it sees harsh (autocross) use
> fairly regularly.
>
> -Keith Wheeler
> Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/
Ihad a 97 ford taurus the first transmission lasted 2000 miles the fisrt
set of brakes 5000 the rotors warped at 15000 both needed to be changed
again! In the year ive had my 76 b it has only not started once a bad
wire id much rather drive it daily than any new junk pile.  ps the mgb
has a lot better leg rooom also.  pss i sold the taurus at 19000 miles &
i dont miss it one bit Ray