Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??
From: Michael Hartley <roadster@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:54:03 -0400
As someone who is not that far away from the ripe old age of 15, I say go
for it.  Every person that has responded to this request has made good,
valid observations.  The cars are not 100% reliable.  They are easy and
relatively inexpensive to fix.  It all depends on your attitude and your
point of view.

I know that Kai, being closer to your age, has made several points about
the constraints on your time in your last few years of high school.  I am
not trying to belittle Kai, and I am sure that he is very busy, but you
will never again have as much free time as you have right now.  When I was
Kai's age I felt the same way he does.  I did not think that I would ever
get it all finished.  Now that I am graduating from my Master's program and
getting ready to enter medical school, I realize that those high school
years were the most free and relaxed times I've had.

The point of all of this is that at the age of 15 you do not have anywhere
that you have to be.  If you break down on the side of the road on the way
home from school one day, who cares.  You get your trailer, tow the car
home, and fix it.  No harm done.  When you get into college and then the
real world, you have many more people trying to get a little piece of your
time.  You may not be able to afford the time to break down and then to fix
the car.  Everything that you do after high school becomes that much more
important.

If you truly have the desire to get the car, and you are willing to put the
time and money into it, by all means enjoy your MGB.  It may be years
before you can justify taking the time and spending the money to have an
LBC again.

But what do I know?

Mike Hartley
roadster@mindspring.com