Re: MGB oil dipstick madness? How much oil?

To: peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu
Subject: Re: MGB oil dipstick madness? How much oil?
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 08:47:13 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
All:

Along a similar line....Should the tip of the dipstick be "bottoming out"
on the oil pan to get the proper reading?  The dipstick dust cap on my MGA
1600 "floats".  To rectify this I have wrapped some 1/2" hockey stick tape
around the dipstick (below the dust cap) at a level where I hear the
dipstick bottom out on the oil pan.  This also appears to stop "blow by"
thus stopping another potential oil leak path.  I would appreciate any
thoughts on this.

Eric

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;