Re: Dipstick and Tire Pressure

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Dipstick and Tire Pressure
From: andrew.martens.pas@govmail.gov.sk.ca
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:52:19 -0600

I just double checked my owners manual for my 73 MGB.  It calls for 3.4
litres of oil (with oil cooler), 3.0 litres without one.  The MIN line on
the dipstick is 3.5 cm. from the tip and the MAX line is 4.5 cm, so not very
much space between the two.  I don't add oil between changes so I am not
sure how much you have to add to bring the oil level up from the MIN to the
MAX line.

In a previous posting, I recall someone suggested operating with tire
pressures in the high 20s.  My manual calls for 21 front and 24 rear, except
for GTs - 26 in rear.  It also said to add 6 lbs to F and R for sustained
high speed driving.