Re: Paint guns?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint guns?
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:23:26 -0500
At 11:06 AM 6/16/98 EDT, Sean Muldoon wrote:
>Hi all, question? what advantages does a gravity feed HVLP gun have over a
>suction feed HVLP gun? and does anyone have any sugetions on any brands of
>good yet reasonable priced for the nonprofesional who will only use it once or
>twice a year.

Sean-

I just completed a repaint of my '73.  I had a standard suction feed gun
that I have used for years on "non-critical" tasks, but the overspray would
have been too much - so I opted for a gravity feed HVLP gun.  I picked mine
up from Harbor Freight for around $79 (free shipping).  The nice thing about
the gun is that it has relatively low air consumption, and good control of
pressure and spray pattern.  It came with it's own pressure regulator.  I've
never used a "pro" gun - so I may be missing something here - but I was able
to get good, even coverage, spraying lacquer and clear coat in my garage
with this inexpensive gun.

I don't have the model number handy - but if you have a Harbor Freight
catalog - it's the one with the green anodized handle - I recall seeing in
"on sale" in this past catalog for $74.99?

Good luck!

Rich Mason
'73 MGB
Huntsville, AL