Re: cast iron manifold paint

Subject: Re: cast iron manifold paint
From: johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net (John Haynes)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:03:21 -0400 (EDT)
At 05:53 PM 6/16/98 -0500, Tyson Sherman wrote:
>Is there any way to paint the cast iron manifolds?  Simply keeping it
>from rusting would be nice.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
>
>--
>Tyson Sherman
>http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman
>
>   Hello Tyson
        I have used cold galvanizing by Permatex-Loctite on scores of
restorations. It comes in a spay can, is a light gray color and holds up
well. I sometimes top it off with a final coat of high heat aluminum paint
for more shine. You must prepare the surface. Shot blasting is the best method.
 Sam Haynes
TR3 original owner
59 MGA
Tiger