Re: Turn Signals

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Subject: Re: Turn Signals
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 20:52:36 +0000
Ben Ruset wrote:

> Okay, here's my dilemma:
>
> I have no turn signals. When I bought the car, I bought a hazzard switch as
> well. When I depress the switch, the relay clicks away like mad. I *think*
> that the lights flash as well. But when I move the turn stalk, nothing.
>
> Do you think the flasher unit may be bad? Or the turn signal stalk? Or the
> hazard switch?

Normally the turn signal flasher gets its fused ignition supply (green circuit)
via a contact in the hazard switch that is closed when the switch is off.  If
this
contact is dirty (or the wires are misplaced) the hazards will work (don't
'think', check!) but the turn signals won't.  You can remove these two greens
from
the hazard switch and link them together to check.  You can also link the two
terminals on the turn flasher to check the flasher (with ignition on and turn
signal switch operated).

PaulH.