Re: Turn Signals

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Turn Signals
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:40:26 -0700
Ben Ruset

>Okay, here's my dilemma:
>
>I have no turn signals. When I bought the car, I bought a hazzard switch as
>well. When I depress the switch, the relay clicks away like mad. I *think*
>that the lights flash as well. But when I move the turn stalk, nothing.
>
>Do you think the flasher unit may be bad? Or the turn signal stalk? Or the
>hazard switch?

My '66 was the same way. I bought a new flasher (nope!) and a new switch
(sort of), but they didn't work consistently until I traced the wiring
all the way both ways and cleaned and/or replaced all the butt
connectors. Many of them were so corroded they fell apart when I tried to
pull on them. They're cheap-- buy a bucket and go to town.

Good luck

Max Heim
'66 MGB
runs great, needs paint