Re: [OT] Computer purchase question

To: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Computer purchase question
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:53:45 -0500
Hello Tyson:

We purchased a number of Gateway desktops at work in 1995. We had very bad
luck with them and their support at the time was nonexistent. It would
often take days (not hours) to get a real person on the phone to try to
sort out a problem. I understand that they now have more techies available
and I hear people say kind things about them. That is good, but our company
has steered away from them. We have had very good service from the Dell and
TDN systems we have been buying since.

Dell is currently offering a configuration with a 16GB hard drive! It's
hard to imagine some of the powerful and relatively inexpensive setups
available out there now.

Good luck,

David F. Darby