RE: Rising to the bait - beware! OT and inflammatory

To: "'gofastmg@juno.com'" <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Rising to the bait - beware! OT and inflammatory
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:37:23 -0500
 Please don't spin any bearing using the compressor air gun!!
What happens is that the bearing roller/ball is slammed outward against
the cage as it is spinning, and then when that roller comes back around
under the air stream it is slammed into the inner race. making for
minute, but real peening marks on both the race and the roller/ball. Now
you have a less than round roller/ball moving across a less than smooth
race. Result: less than normal bearing life.
 Dry a freshly cleaned bearing by placing it on clean cloths and allow
the cleaner to evaporate naturaly.
 Your bearings will thank you.

        I agree with Rick - I have a friend who's lived the last 35
years blinded in one eye as a result of being struck by a bearing that
flew apart from being "dried" in this manner.

Dan Pockrus
Systems Integration Engineer
Efficient Networks, Inc.
dpockrus@efficient.com