dashless wonder has more questions....

To: mg <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: dashless wonder has more questions....
From: Becky Mahoney <bmahoney@home.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 06:38:48 -0500
Thanks for the info on estimated engine and gearbox rebuild. Many have
said that the gearbox rarely needs rebuilding.  Mechanically, (at least
when I last drove it 3 years ago) the engine didn't seem to have any
problems either.  Compression checks out with very little variance
between cylinders.  Really, the only known problem with drive train is
the clutch, it makes a noise when the clutch is let out and the tranny
is in neutral.   Maybe I should pay attention to the old addage...if it
ain't broke, don't fix it... just pursue the clutch noise????  I would
just like to have the peace of mind knowing that I've seen the insides
and know that all is in dependable (?) condition.  I would like to take
the trips with the MG club and if I get a wild hair, and want to take a
long drive..I won't need to put a 10 speed in the back in case I get
stranded  :~)  Is this realistic thinking?  Listers..what is your
advice?  I really want to do the sensible thing. (Oops..sensible...MG
owner...is that an oxymoron??)  Your input will be extremely
appreciated.
Oh yeah...if anyone is curious...NO, my dash is still not here.  I
talked to him Tuesday night and he said that he overnighted it to me on
Monday.  He didn't seem too concerned that I hadn't received it yet.
Said it would probably be here Wednesday.  Now it's Friday morning and
still no dash.  He is supposed to call me this a.m. with the tracking
number.  My guess is that he sent ground rather than overnight.  If it
does get here today, I should be on the road tonight......THAT WOULD BE
AWSOME....
TIA for your advice..AGAIN.  You folks are priceless!

Becky
pretty car, empty wallet......still no dash  :~(