Re: 10-Seater MGA

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 10-Seater MGA
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:11:19 EST
>Good tale David. As I read, I was reminded of one of the last commercials
>I ever saw for an MG. Back about 78 -79 There was a commercial where the
>boyfriend pulls up in his Midget to get his ladyfriend. She walks out of
>the house carrying a Tuba!! Well the inventive boyfriend hops out and
>drops the hood (top) and stuffs the tuba behind the seats. Smiles to the
>camera and off they go. The refrain was:
>Good going MG Midget, you sure make the going good!
>Although in your case substitute MGA!!

As an ex-Tuba player myself, I would have just attached it to the exhaust
system.

I wonder, was it a Sousaphone - the kind that wraps around your body as you
march, or one of the concert tubas - the kind that sits upright?

BEN RUSET                                   http://members.home.com/bruset

C'mon Ben!  It had to be the concert-style tuba...If it was a
sousaphone they couldn't have fit it behind the seats...I had a hard
time fitting a sousaphone in the back of my Plymouth hatchback in my
high school days!

Mike Lishego