Re: 10-Seater MGA

To: bruset@home.com
Subject: Re: 10-Seater MGA
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 23:37:17 EDT
On Mon, 06 Jul 1998 10:30:50 -0400 Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com> writes:

>As an ex-Tuba player myself, I would have just attached it to the
>exhaust
>system.
 Probably would have sounded a whole lot better than the whimpy exhaust
note on the later 1500 Midgets
 Only problem I could see is How does one get the tail pipe to "pucker"
correctly?

>I wonder, was it a Sousaphone - the kind that wraps around your body
>as you
>march, or one of the concert tubas - the kind that sits upright?

 Sousaphone - naturally. It made for better TV. Whether the producers
actually managed to get the entire instrument behind the seat is unknown.
The final scene in the ad was a quicky shot of the couple pulling off
(medium closeup) and as they go by cameral position, you can see the bell
of the instrument behind the seats, and what appears to be a portion of
the remainder. It was just enought shown to imply the whole Sousaphone
was in the car.

 Does any one remeber the Midget ads from the same period, wherein a
couple of skateboarders took turns jumping a Midget, while the board ran
up under the car?
 I've ofter wondered how many times the boarders ended up in the
passenger seat due to a missed take off point, or sliding down the
ashpalt when they missed the board.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget