Re: Turn Signals & More Stuff

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Turn Signals & More Stuff
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:41:22 -0400
An update with my hazard switches.

First off, I need to say that my car's wiring has been butchered. The PO
was an
EMT, who had all sorts of stuff hooked into the car.

I discovered that there are *two* flashers installed in the car - one driving
the hazards, and one driving the turn signals. I replaced one with a Lucas
part
($12 over the counter) and one from a Ford F-150 that was left unlocked at
work
( =] ). My hazards work fine now, but the turn signals are weird.

The driver's side flashes fine - except when I hold down the brake pedal, when
it goes solid.

The passenger's side blinks weakly - and instead of my front flasher flashing,
my headlight flashes!! Very, very weird.

I think the F-150 flasher may be causing the problem with the steady light w/
the brake. I'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

It also looks like my coolant fan switch is toast now. Odd, because it seemed
to work fine - the fans would switch on and off themselves. I'll have to clean
the contacts tomorrow - I may either just have the fans come on all the time,
or wire in that switch that was talked about on the list before.

Any sources for it?

Thanks!

BEN RUSET
http://members.home.com/bruset