Re: Turn Signals & More Stuff

To: bruset@home.com
Subject: Re: Turn Signals & More Stuff
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 19:23:59 EDT

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:41:22 -0400 Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com> writes:
>An update with my hazard switches.
>
>First off, I need to say that my car's wiring has been butchered. The
>PO
>was an
>EMT, who had all sorts of stuff hooked into the car.
>
>I discovered that there are *two* flashers installed in the car - one
>driving
>the hazards, and one driving the turn signals.

Normal configuration.

I replaced one with a
>Lucas
>part
>($12 over the counter) and one from a Ford F-150 that was left
>unlocked at
>work
>( =] ). My hazards work fine now, but the turn signals are weird.
>
>The driver's side flashes fine - except when I hold down the brake
>pedal, when
>it goes solid.
Check the wiring connections on the right rear and left rear near the
tail lights.
 It sounds as if either a ground is mis connected or the brake light
connection is incorrect. Probably connected to a turn signal connector.

>The passenger's side blinks weakly - and instead of my front flasher
>flashing,
>my headlight flashes!! Very, very weird.

Again, a mis-connected wire. Probably the turn signal wire is incorrectly
connected to the head light ground connector.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

>I think the F-150 flasher may be causing the problem with the steady
>light w/
>the brake. I'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

>It also looks like my coolant fan switch is toast now. Odd, because it
>seemed
>to work fine - the fans would switch on and off themselves. I'll have
>to clean
>the contacts tomorrow - I may either just have the fans come on all
>the time,
>or wire in that switch that was talked about on the list before.
>
>Any sources for it?
>
>Thanks!
>

>BEN
RUSET