Re: GT color decision

To: hicks@mohawk.net
Subject: Re: GT color decision
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 19:01:48 EDT
On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:38:11 -0400 Hicks <hicks@mohawk.net> writes:
>I need some advice please. I am restoring an 1970 BGT. I purchased the
>car new. It is white with black interior. I am thinking of changing
>the
>color but want to stay with a scheme that is authentic for the year
>and
>the interior. Any suggestions? Is black with black interior typical or
>BR green with black. Was it typical that the engine bay and hatch
>areas
>be the same color as the body? Perhaps staying with white is the
>easiest
>thing. Where can I find the proper paint mix color specifications for
>any color used in 70.
>
>Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
>Don Hicks
>70 BGT ( in pieces on the garage floor.)

Don, if you dont have it, get a copy of "original MGB" by Anders Ditlev
Clausager,
Its the best source of "originality" info - and a dmn fine book anyway!

Colours for 1970 were easy enough
Black (but only as special order)
Antelope beige (GT only)
Bermuda blue
Dark British racing green
Flame red
Bronze yellow
Pale primrose yellow
Glacier white

all interiors were black with black piping that year

Paint codes are in there too but are easier to read in Porters book

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster