RE: Re: Body shop blues- little MG

To: "'MGSMGBGT@aol.com'" <MGSMGBGT@aol.com>, bruset@home.com,
Subject: RE: Re: Body shop blues- little MG
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:24:50 -0500
> The best argument I know to do your own work.  My A is not
> perfect, but the
> work I did is as good as the work done by the bodyshop I
> employed, supposedly
> one of the best.  I honestly believe many body people do not
> recognize orange
> peel or an ill-fitting panel.

        What I've had pulled on me when I have complained about the
quality of the work (and, if it weren't so tragic, it would be funny)is
a long discourse on how much longer it would take to correct it, and
that "no one else will notice". I told a guy one time that if he had
taken the time to do it right the first time, there would be no delay
and no dissatisfaction on my part. Further, I offered to place a sticker
on the area in question stating "body work by xxxxx" just to see how
many people "wouldn't notice" then. The work was done to my satisfaction
in a couple of days.

Dan Pockrus
'74B (My newly-licensed son's pride and joy)
'61 VW Panel Bus (No, I'm not a Deadhead)