RE: restoration help

To: "Joseph Cianciotti" <jmc987@earthlink.net>, <ClanWulf@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: restoration help
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 00:18:17 -0700
I feel that Porter's book is hugely overrated.  I own it, and also owned his
book on Modifications to the MGB, which IMHO was worth even less(sold it).
The major shortcoming from my perspective is that Porter glosses over
everything.

Jim Tyler has written a very good book, titled "MGB: Restoration,
Preparation, Maintenance".  I would spend the money on this before Porter's
book.  I am not saying Porter's book is without value, and I find it a
valuable reference.  I would recommend buying both, but if you were going to
buy only one, Tyler's book would be it.

All the usual disclaimers apply!

Regards,

Chris