Re: Re: MGA tires

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Re: MGA tires
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 05:35:29 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/98 6:15:53 PM, william.eastman@medtronic.com wrote:

>Barney
>levers 195 60 15 racing tires onto the Attitude A but they are a little
>balloon like for a daily driver on stock rims.  Maybe the 185's would be a
>better solution.  No experience just postulating.
>
>BTW, Bob,  I used to have a 67 Beetle too.
>
>Regards,
>Bill Eastman
>61 MGA ready for any freak July snow storm

I use TR6 wheels with Dunlop D60A2 185/65s on my 57 A.  But then, I also have
a '69 B engine, '69 C carbs, a '72 rear axle and '74 B transmission in my A.
Makes it a lot more driveable on long trips.  Most people think that the
wheels are from a Twincam or a Mark II Delux.  They do handle well and are H
rated, although the tires are more than necessary.  The car will only do about
118 given the current gearing.

Bob Shaw