Re: LBC Roads

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: LBC Roads
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 23:36:02 -0500
Dan et al.:

At the risk of posting a "me too," I would like to say it's a great idea. I
dropped down the Oak Canyon Road to Sedona from Flagstaff, Arizona last
month. It has got to be one of the world's great drives. The Beartooth
Mountain run from the East side of Yellowstone NP, Wyoming, to Red Lodge,
Montana, rates a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10.

In my Ozarks locale of Northern Arkansas/Southern Missouri, any drive in
the Buffalo River drainage is good, especially Highway 7, Harrison,
Arkansas, to Russellville, AR. Highway 71, Fayetteville, AR to Fort Smith,
AR (act now before the new 4-lane is butchered in) is another pleasant one.
Highway 19, Eminence, Missouri to Thayer, MO, allows a tour of large
springs (Big Spring = 700 million gallons of water per diem) through a
Missouri Yellow Pine forest.

I would like to hear about scenic drives in places other than the US as
well.

David F. Darby
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4598

> From: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: LBC Roads
> Date: Sunday, 19 July, 1998 9:33 PM
>
> I've been compiling a list of local roads that would satisfy any LBC
driver
> in my local area and even have found some that connect major
intersections
snip...