Re: Lucas sports coil

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lucas sports coil
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 20:15:11 EST
What are the benefits of having a Lucas sports coil? I've thought about
putting one in my 71 BGT but is it worth it?

David Councill

David,
    I put one in my '74 'B with electronic ignition just because I
needed a new coil.  It said "Lucas" so I figured, "Hey, it's Lucas,
it's got to be good!"  8-)  Anyway, I haven't opened the plug gap up
yet, but I've found that the car starts in under a crank.  Maybe
about one second or so, and the engine fires up.  I was impressed...
Anyway, folks say something about getting better power or better fuel
economy from opening up the plag gap too...I guess I'll wait til I
get tires to test that hypothesis!

Mike Lishego

P.S. - The anodized gold finish of the coil looks pretty snazzy too!