Re: Refinishing Rostyle wheels

To: <PLM97@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Refinishing Rostyle wheels
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 10:48:24 -0500
First off, don't trust the masks to do all the work for you. I didn't use
masks, (waste of money, really) just spent some time with GOOD 3M masking
tape and an exacto knife. This will ensure the paint goes where it belongs.
I used Plasti-Kote color "GM 7184" for the silver and plain old Wal-Mart
Satin black for the black.
Clear Coating might be a good idea, although I didn't do it. I only restored
the spare, so have no experience with how it holds up on the street.

Dan
'73 B