Re: Smog Woes (part one)

To: Jethogger@aol.com
Subject: Re: Smog Woes (part one)
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:43:46 -0700
Jethogger@aol.com wrote:

> Hello Pat.  Have you notice that there is alot of late model british cars for
> sale.  The price to make your car smog test passable.  Then will it pass?
> This  Smog testing is driving the price down on late models and price is
> holding to going up on chrome bumper cars.  Pre test years.  Here in NW Ga. We
> are still free.  And have no inspection of any kind.  And regular gas is only
> $.79 a gallon.
> John  Flintstone, ga.
Yep the RBB MGs are dropping in value in Calif due to the hardship of
getting them smogged( as I'm finding out)On the other hand pre'74 cars
of all types are going up in value you see ads in the paper saying smog
exempt and they are making a selling point out of it.I personally resent
government actions devaluing my car and there should be a way to get all
of us RBB owners out here together and do some sort of class action
suit.
BTW I heard that there are some 76 stations in Northern Calif that are
refusing to put MTBE in the gas and are using ethanol instead So maybe
as people become more aware of this farce something will happen.
Pat