Smog Woes (part one)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Smog Woes (part one)
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:44:09 -0700
Well today was the big day.I went over to my friends house and we
colortuned the B found out the EGR valve wasn't working and put on an
extra one he had laying around.After calling the local smog guys and
getting responses such as"We don't DO those cars" or " We don't pretest"
I finally found a guy in Quartz hill who would do it....So heading over
my &&^%$$# smog pump froze up within 3 blocks of the testing station!!So
I ordered one from Carquest for $78 and it will be here tomorrow so this
is already going to cost $200...$61 DMV fee on an 18 year old car! $59
for the smog test $78 for the pump and I still don't know if it will
pass!I WILL thank our politicians come November!
Pat