So Cal Track Event -- Holtville

To: mr2-interest@mr2.com
Subject: So Cal Track Event -- Holtville
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 13:48:25 -0800
I had a great time at the Streets of Willows this weekend=2E I talked to a=20=
few
people about going to the Holtville airport/raceway some time
in August=2E Anyone still up for it? It's no fun going there all alone=2E

Holtville is a WWII bomber base (President Bush trained there) that's been
used as the SCCA San Diego region's official track since the early '60s=2E=20=
The=20
part
of the track that is used for racing includes two natural turns and about 6=
=20
other
 turns set up with pylons=2E That's the way the  SCCA sets up the course, b=
ut=20
the
 runways are so wide that it can be set up any other way=2E The front
straight is maybe a 1/2 mile long=2E I like to set up a high-speed chicane=20
right
at the middle=2E With so much room on the straight, I've also  been able
to set up a really fast skidpad=2E

This is a safe place for testing your car or practicing car control=2E

The track charges $50 per driver for one day of testing=2E It is located tw=
hours east of San Diego, 4 hours from L=2EA=2E
Camping is allowed=2E

I'm thinking about going at the end of August=2E If you think you  might be
interested and would like more info, send me an E-mail=2E

Karim
Santa Monica

'86 MR2
'67 MGB-GT