Re: Smog woes (part two)

To: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Smog woes (part two)
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:02:24 -0400
Christopher G. Moog wrote:

> All inspections (including safety) are a bad joke, made to make the
> people who devised them feel good.

This I have to agree with.  Here in NJ we have a safety inspection.  I
take my cars to the station near me at about 11:30 AM on Sat. morning.
At that time the guys doing the inspection just want to go home, so they
generally only test the emissions and brakes.  They never test the turn
signals, horn or the front end on my older car.  They probably skip other stuff
that I am not aware of.  As a matter of fact my wife's Toyota had a burnt out
brake light.  I saw it in the mirror at the inspection station.  Car passed
anyway.  Fixed it when I got home.  This has been going on for 3 years running
and I hope it keeps up.

Later,

--
William M. Gilroy