Re: Smog Woes (part one)

To: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Smog Woes (part one)
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:53:33 -0700
Rick Morrison wrote:

> Well,
>  just to put my tuppence worth in the pot, I filled up with 93 octane
> yesterday and paid the princly sum of $.98 per for the stuff.
>  One thing to remember, the actual cost of gasoline is pretty much the
> same world wide. The disparity is price is more of function of taxes, and
> taxes, and more taxes.
> The more levels of government, the greater the taxes on gasoline, and the
> amount of each level of tax is inversely proportional to the degree of
> citizen input into the taxing structure, and directly proportional to the
> input of the anti-car contingent.
>
> Rant mode off
>
> Rick Morrison
> 72 MGBGT
> 74 Midget
>
> On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 05:48:41 -0500 "Harlan Jillson"
>
> >Neil,
> >   Most of us in the States don't have it quite as good as John does
> >in Georgia.  Currently regular unleaded is running $1.02 to $1.10 in
> >the Houston Tx. area, with some discount stations around $0.98.  In
> >California the prices are quite a bit higher.  There are fairly
> >significant
> >differences from State to State, depending on local SMOG rules and
> >distances to refineries etc.  Some States are still selling leaded
> >regular while others are strickly unleaded only.  Then there is the
> >fuel/road tax added in,  which in Texas amounts to about $0.39 per
> >gallon,  of course you probably don't know anything about taxes in
> >the UK ;-) ( tounge firmly planted).

> >Jethogger@aol.com wrote:

> >> Hello Pat.  And regular gas is only
> >> $.79 a gallon.
> >> John  Flintstone, ga.

> >WHAT!!!! Petrol at only 49p a gallon!!!! ( £1 = $1.60) No wonder the
> >States can run such huge cars!!  In the UK we pay the equivalent of £3
> >gallon, ( unleaded,) which equates to $4.80
> >
> >Now you know why my wife & I run a '89 MG Metro, ( at 50mpg on a run.)
> >
> >Neil

snip-snip-snip

We know only too well over here what Rick says.......how else does one
support so many on the Social Services. Those of us who pay our taxes
are fools really, its time for a revolt, following Guy
Fawkes........rant, rant, rant.

I have a better idea, what about shooting one politician a year, to keep
the rest on their toes?  We could have a national referendum to chose
whom to sacrifice, ( to the great God 'Motoring Freedom perhaps? )

Sorry, will have to go, the chaps in the white coats are back....

Neil.