Re: Rats!

To: dpockrus@efficient.com
Subject: Re: Rats!
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:28:21 EDT
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:26:53 -0500 Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
writes:
>       I'm sure this has been covered here before, but since I didn't
>see it, I'll bring it up again.
>
>       What is an effective treatment to remove the smell from rat
>urine/droppings? Those of us who have acquired cars that have been
>garaged (in my case, stored in a barn for 12 years) unattended have
>had
>to deal with this problem. I vacuumed up the droppings, pulled out the
>carpets, and cleaned and re-cleaned the vinyl seat covers and door
>panels, yet after a rain, the smell is almost overpowering. Any hints?

Dan - been there done that - it probably wont go away until you replace
the interior - the seat foams are the biggest culprits followed closely
by the carpets - also did you vaccum the insides of the doors and behind
the rear and kick panels? the voids in there are likely culprits -
another spot is under the bonnet - the two void spaces above the wings- i
took about 1lb of half eaten nuts out of those on my GT mixed liberally
with the result of eating nuts!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT