Re: '70 MGB GT - Front Hubs - 2ND POSTING

To: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>
Subject: Re: '70 MGB GT - Front Hubs - 2ND POSTING
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 15:51:39 -0600
Gary,

Renewing the front hub bearings is a piece of cake compared to the front
suspension. Its been a few years since I've done mine but I think the
toughest part was getting the cap off.

There is a cotter pin that holds the nut on. The nut is 1" or 1 1/8" but
should not be very tight, just snug, so you may not need a socket to remove
it. The bearings come right out. You may have to remove the brake pads and
pull out the rotor to get the bearings. Overall, easy but messy.

I was beginning to wonder where your car went. Haven't seen it in about a
week. Now I know.

David