HS4 carbs rebuild myself? or send them off?

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HS4 carbs rebuild myself? or send them off?
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 16:41:38 -0700
Listers:

Does anyone know the answers to these questions:
I am debating whether or not to do my carb overhaul myself, or have
someone do it professionally.
 1.  Does anyone know of a good rebuilder who will clean the old carbs
and replace all of the washers, jets, etc at a good reasonable price?

2. Is it that easy that I can do it myself without having too much
hassle?

3. Can you sandblast a carb clean?? (gently of course!)

4. If you can't sandblast, can you chemically clean so they come out
nice and shiny??

5.Since my throttle shafts show no reasonable amount of wear, I should
just be able to get away with the standard rebuild kit, right?? Keep in
mind that the carbs ran just fine when I took them off to replace the
exhaust manifold. They just leaked fuel.

Thanks for all the advice.....

Kevin Richards.