Re: Re: Thought for the day ... about hats(rant mode on!!)

To: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Subject: Re: Re: Thought for the day ... about hats(rant mode on!!)
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:56:26 -0400
>Be careful where you do this----  Under certain conditions, this is
>illegal and you can be ticketed for it (at least in New York State
>anyway).  A lot of people don't know this, and if you inadvertantly do
>this to a State Trooper in an unmarked car - oops!
>
>(Kind of like when I gave the finger to one on the Thruway, not
>realizing who it was)

I raced one on the Parkway. =)

I was driving my Rx-7, and at that time was on the Rx-7 list, where they
talked about using other cars as "rabbits" -- following a fast moving car
to match their speed, but hoping that a cop would pull the first car over.
Needless to say, a large Chevy Caprice blew past me one day. I looked in
and it didn't look like a cop, so I switched lanes and matched his speed.
All the way up to 90. When he switched lanes and put his lights on....
well, I was nearly ready to throw myself into traffic.

I got out of the speeding ticket for two reasons. One, my insurance card
had expired, and I hadn't put the new one in yet. He could drop the
speeding ticket but still find something else to give me (to keep his
bosses happy) and two, he asked me why I was doing it, and I told him that
I was a complete and total moron, and very stupid for doing what I was doing.

Walked away from a nice 4 point ticket. =)

Ben Ruset                       mailto:bruset@home.com
Personal Homepage               http://members.home.net/bruset
The MGB Haven           http://mgbhaven.home.ml.org

"The universe is made not of atoms, but of stories..."