New MG newsgroup

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New MG newsgroup
From: C David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:13:11 -0400
I haven't been on this list very long, and don't know if this has
already been brought
up.  I was wandering in the "new newsgroup" area (instead of working as
I should be)
and found a new MG newsgroup:

uk.rec.cars.mg

Looks like it just started on 1 August...

I found that the majority of the messages are from folks in the UK, and
some of the
most basic questions are being posted there.  (Bordering on stupid,
actually) And I felt
the need to resist the urge to answer such a basic question as why is
there blue smoke
coming from my exhaust when I slow down, using 2 ltrs of oil, and "How
can I get petrol
into my MGF without the petrol pump switching off every few seconds?"
With questions like that, it may be too much for them to hear about
performing a
compression test or  try turning the nozzle around a bit...

Still, quite entertaining, check it out if you want...

David Lynes, Woodstock, Georgia, USA
73 Midget
78 MGB