Re: New MG Newsgroup

To: <dresden@tiac.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New MG Newsgroup
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:28:49 -0400

Yes, Dejanews carries the group in webbased format.  ( www.dejanews.com )

>>>I tried  uk.rec.cars.mg  and just got a message back " does not have a
>>>DNS entry".
>>>
>>>How does one get to this new list?????
>>>
>>>Neil
>>>( And I am in the UK.)

For one thing, it isn't a website... so don't try typing the newsgroup name
in your browser.  You'll need a news reader program, they're plenty for
free.  Forte NewAgent is one.  Go download one from www.tucows.com in one of
the news reader sections for your OS.

You'll have to make sure your ISP carries the group as well, it is their
choice whether to carry a specific group or not.  If they don't, just use
Dejanews.

>Dejanews for a new group? I checked the "whole group list" on my server and
>it's not there either. Has this new newsgroup died already?

Nope, newsgroups typically never die.  Email the administrator or support
team of your ISP, and ask them to ad uk.rec.cars.mg to the newsgroups they
carry.

HTH,

Kai Radicke - kmr@pil.net