Re: Rebuilt Alternator Question

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Alternator Question
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:17:23 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Ho Philip,
This is the norm for rebuilt alternators. No you should not have to
"reseal" the nut, there is a keyway in the shaft and pully to prevent
loosing. As far as geting the old one off, I'm lazy so I would just
drop in on my local mechanic and ask him to spare me thirdy seconds and
get the sucker off there with his air gun. Well worth a couple of buck
tip for you and him.

Thought I'd see more of you around this summer, if it's good to go on
Sunday you may want to check out the Vanderbilt show.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch