Re: Rebuilt Alternator Question

To: "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>,
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Alternator Question
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:21:29 -0400

>1) are the parts guys giving me the real story?
Yes, BTDT
>2) is my method of removing the fan the right way to go?
I do not remember seeing any "putty" But I could be mistaken. I took off
the fan on a picnic table, in the rain, last year. However it was a
little tough and I screwed the fan up with a crack. I straightened it as
much as possible and got a new one when I got back.
>3) should I (and how if yes) reseal the nut on the new alternator once I
>get it off the old one?
I just used the lockwasher (new with new fan) and have had no problems.

>Any advice is =much= appreciated.
>
>Philip
>

>1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu