Re: Tonneau cover snap thingies for MGB?

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau cover snap thingies for MGB?
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:11:16 -0700
Dan,

Different strokes...  but I use those posts when I'm driving.  It "locks"
the tonneau down and keeps it nice and taught while it is folded behind the
seat.  I, too, enclose the cockpit when parking, for the same reasons as
you (yes, the sun does shine up here in Seattle!).

Replacing the studs should be easy.  If memory serves me correctly, these
posts mount with two sheet metals screws each, so you don't have to access
the rear of the panel to tighten them.  If you fold the tonneau down and
line up the "lift the dot" connectors, it should show you the approximate
position.  Even better, the posts only cost a buck or two apiece.

Sorry for the preaching...

Regards,
Scott
----------
> From: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Tonneau cover snap thingies for MGB?
> Date: Wednesday, August 19, 1998 2:56 PM
>
> Scott,
> Mine have obviously been snapped off or removed somehow. There's nothing
> there but new carpet now!
> The way I use my tonneaux, I'd never use them anyway. I enclose the
cockpit
> everytime I park it, having learnt what the summer sun can do to my legs
if
> I don't! No, I haven't had anyone get pissed about it yet here in
Kentucky,