Re: First try!

To: Yves Dussault <dussault@vipxlnet.com>
Subject: Re: First try!
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 07:38:03 -0700
Yves Dussault wrote:

> Hi everybody!
> Just trying to see if I can post anything in that list.
> BTW, about anti-theft devices...
> Back in 1957, I had a brand new MGA (I wish I had kept it...but I gave it
> as a trade-in on a Valiant 61...and they gave me $400.00 for
> it....beurk....).
> (I bought another MGA in 1989 and I am still trying to restore it!)
> I used to park that car, back in 1957,  in a parking lot. I was removing
> the rotor in the distributor every night...as an anti-theft device...
>
> MGA 57
> MGB 72
> Yves Dussault
> Laval, Québec

Welcome,

I use to leave my distributor rotor out after servicing, and wonder why
on earth I could not start the car myself!!!!! I did it sometimes as an
anti-theft move, other times because I forgot to refit
it.......................usually found on the top of the battery.

Neil

Leighton Buzzard,
England.