Re: First try!

To: "Chuck Schaefer" <crschaef@mc.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: First try!
From: "Leo Speichinger" <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:31:31 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
To: mgs@autox.team.net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, August 23, 1998 10:48 AM

>RobMGB@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 8/23/98 4:22:28 AM !!!First Boot!!!, ldsp@flash.net
writes:

>> > YES, you are the winner!  Don't feel bad, lot's of us had pintos! I'm
sure
>> >  most won't admit it!!!! We had 2!!!!!! Susie
>> I'll admit to worse. I owned 72 Vega Gt. By 48k I had replaced water and
fuel
>> pumps. Cowl and fender were rusting out and it burned so much oil I had
>> change plugs every 400 miles. Fun to drive when new but a worn out piece
of
>> s___t after only 48K.
>> robmgb
>> 74B
>
>Now I really feel bad. Had a Vega and traded it in on a Pinto! The Vega
>was all it was reported to be. Bad, rusty, oil leaker, oil burner, and
>heater core problems, all with less than 45,000 miles. Then the Pinto.
>Not bad for a first "new car" purchase. But a carb float that didn't and
>a new cam by about 45,000 miles. Rusted door panels by about 75,000
>miles.
>
>Now I have 2 MGA's. I "think" I'm better off. But I still seem to spend
>more time on the cars now than I did back then.
>
>Chuck Schaefer

Heck, ours were bought used! And it was so clean I was proud to drive it. Of
course Leo had to put a motor in it.  Man, that was the good old
days.-----I've since then become spoiled. New vehicle every 2 yrs. Now I
drive a Grand Voyager Rally(loaded) It kills me to drive my daughters
Aspire.Susie-----LEOS FAULT!!!!ha ha