Re: First try!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: First try!
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 10:52:38 -0500
RobMGB@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/23/98 4:22:28 AM !!!First Boot!!!, ldsp@flash.net writes:
>
> > YES, you are the winner!  Don't feel bad, lot's of us had pintos! I'm sure
> >  most won't admit it!!!! We had 2!!!!!! Susie
> I'll admit to worse. I owned 72 Vega Gt. By 48k I had replaced water and fuel
> pumps. Cowl and fender were rusting out and it burned so much oil I had to
> change plugs every 400 miles. Fun to drive when new but a worn out piece of
> s___t after only 48K.
> robmgb
> 74B

Now I really feel bad. Had a Vega and traded it in on a Pinto! The Vega
was all it was reported to be. Bad, rusty, oil leaker, oil burner, and
heater core problems, all with less than 45,000 miles. Then the Pinto.
Not bad for a first "new car" purchase. But a carb float that didn't and
a new cam by about 45,000 miles. Rusted door panels by about 75,000
miles.

Now I have 2 MGA's. I "think" I'm better off. But I still seem to spend
more time on the cars now than I did back then.

Chuck Schaefer