Z-S leaking fuel from the underside

To: speedo79@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Z-S leaking fuel from the underside
From: "Chris Fiddes" <cfiddes@direct.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:32:24 -0700
Hi Steve and listers,

A block from work this morning I got a noseful of gas fumes.  When
I pulled into the garage and took a look underneath I found my ZS
carb dripping an ungodly amount of fuel.

I replaced the rubber o-ring on the bottom plug about a year ago
when I had a similar problem. Given that the fuel is coming from the
bottom plug, is this normal life expectancy for that o-ring or should
I be looking for other problems?

Geez, since the Challenger accident the words "failed", "o-ring",
and "fuel" used together make me shudder.

Thanks for the advice.

Chris.
'75 Midget