Re: Ignition Switch Removal - 73B

To: jroverca@tiac.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Switch Removal - 73B
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:30:21 EDT
 Yes you can easily remove the bolts on the switch as you stated Ross.
 I had to do it about a year ago on the GT. Just took the Dremel tool,
cut a reasonable screwdriver slot in the heads and zip, backed them right
out.
 They original bolts have a shear head on them. They are "waisted" just
above the button head, and installation is simply to tighten until the
hex head shears off.
If memory serves, the bolts are 5/16-24 (SAE fine) and could as easitly
be replaced with a standard hex head or slotted head bolt.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget