Re: dieseling????

To: MYLDN@aol.com
Subject: Re: dieseling????
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 21:51:11 -0700
MYLDN@aol.com wrote:

> why would the car be dieseling [running on ] after the ignition is off?
> timing?
> or carb adjustment?
> thanks, Sean Muldoon
> 58 MGA
> 73 MGB
> both roadsters

Very common 'B' series problem, more so on the MGB. Usually means there
is hot carbon embers in the combustion chamber...a de-coke perhaps. Poor
quality fuel can be the culprit, ( no detergent.) The MG Metro I have
has an ANTI-RUN-ON valve fitted, it opens into the inlet manifold on
switching off. I liked it so much, I have fitted one to my '64 1622cc
Magnette to stop it,( it is tuned a bit.)

Neil