Re: "Modern" Improvements for the MGB

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: "Modern" Improvements for the MGB
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:28:50 +0100
On 27/8/98 9:01 pm mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>Well what brings this up is that I saw a nifty suspension conversion in th=
>Aug98 MG Enthusiast :)  I'm going to blatantly copy most of this word for
>word from that issue.  (hope they don't mind)

You're reading the wrong magazine, Kai! :-)

I've spent some time driving and evaluating this car both on road and
track and helped Richard Walden tweek the suspension settings. At first,
it had alarming oversteer which led to some exciting spins!

It's certainly impressive, the handling is probably no better than a
well-sorted live-axle MGB, but the ride is definately an improvement.

In answer to someone else's questions, the battery is relocated to under
the bonnet (the obvious place), giving a massive area for the new
subframe. The price is =A31750 for the rear and =A3490 for the front
suspension.

I don't like the bodykit and told Richard so. He's now revamping the
system so that it will fit under an unmodified body.

There's a six page feature in the next magazine. If anyone wants to know
more, I'll be glad to help.

Cheers,

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk