Re: It's the tail lights... Doh!

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: It's the tail lights... Doh!
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:21:14 -0700
Paul,

I do know about the ground with the rear lights.  I made a point of
attaching this to the grounding point before starting the car.  What caught
me off guard was that, even with the ground wires firmly attached to the
grounding point, the car still wouldn't run with the tail lights removed.
Only when I loosely installed them and connected the three wires (red,
green and green/purple, I recall) did the car start.

This tells me that there is something in the electrical circuit, other than
the ground (black) wires, that is needed for the fuel pump to work.

Regards,
Scott