Re: Windscreen installation instructions

To: <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Windscreen installation instructions
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:26:13 -0700
The C clamp will be tightened to compress the windscreen against the body
and allow the piller post bolts to be tightened.  If you open either door
on your B and look at the inside portion of the fender just above the A
post, you will see a sheet metal "box" that is riveted in place.  This box
has a flat side that is roughly parallel to the dogleg portion of the
windscreen piller post.  The C clamp will be placed such that one end
clamps against the windscreen pillar post and the other against the box
inside the fender.  When tightened, the windscreen will be "pulled down"
against the car, allowing you to line up the piller post bolt holes.

As I said, the only way this will make sense is to grab a C clamp and test
fit it on the car.  If you keep your primary objective in mind (compressing
the rubber seal to mount the windscreen), it should become obvious to see
how this is accomplished.

Good luck!

Scott

----------
> From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
> To: Scott McKorkle <bmc@aa.net>
> Subject: RE: Windscreen installation instructions
> Date: Wednesday, September 09, 1998 6:56 PM
>
> Scott-
>
> I don't understand the C-Clamp part of your post.  What is it that the
> c-clamp is supposed to do?  What are the pop-riveted covers you are
talking
> about?  You lost me here.  Please advise!
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Delling

Moss