Re: Heads

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heads
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:26:49 -0600
My thoughts exactly. If one is going to the trouble of using the 'B'
comp head, why not use the 3-main 'B' block as the basis of one's fun
street engine? [Or Bill ==> he should put one of your honkin' 1800+ cc
Twin-Cam B engines in his car!!!]

My newly acquired '62 B (GHN3L 2013) has the original (but sorta rebuilt
by the PO) 3-main engine in it. Driving the car feels much like driving
the A, but not quite as fun, as the engine feel and response feels much
like the 1622 of my formerly-owned Mk2. (Shameless plug for the MGA-like
feel of the pull-handle 3-main Bs.)

I guess my only 2-cents-worth with respect to using the 3-main B block
would be to spend the time to ensure that the crank is OK in the oil
scroll area and to make sure all crank clearances are correct (natch).

Dave Q.

Bill Spohn said:
<snip>
But then again, why not build one of my favourite engines from the
beginning
(well, second favourite after the twinkie), the under-appreciated 3 main
engine? It looks right and stands up well (we have run 7 hour endurance
races
with them). I use that in my TVR race car with an HRG head.
<snip>