Re: MGF and roadster thoughts

To: dresden@tiac.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGF and roadster thoughts
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:50:33 -0700
At  7:51 PM 9/13/98 -0400, dresden@tiac.net wrote:
....but that damned
>>Z3 will still look like the teutonic thing that it is. America wants a
>>BRITISH roadster dammit, and I think the Lotus lookalike proves it.
>>Flame away, since this was just a "fleeting" thought. If I'm wrong, well I
>>can always fall back on the fact that I have absolutely NO emperical data or
>>experience in the automotive industry to back me up. ;)
>>
>>Dan
>>73 B
>>
>Does America really want a British roadster, or do they want a roadster
>that is simple, well styled, fun to drive, and inexpensive?

I was talking to the mechanic who works on the family's Plymouth van and
Saturn sedan, and he seems to feel that interest in our British roadsters
is soaring right now.  They're affordable, fairly easy to source parts for,
and he feels that they are coming back into vogue in the United States
currently.  Who knows?  I do feel that mainstream America wants a car that
is pretty much hassle free and not demanding mechanically, and beyond that,
there is a real market for a good sports car.  Another opinion, for what
it's worth.    Nina