RE: New MGF For Sale in USA? Can I buy two?

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: New MGF For Sale in USA? Can I buy two?
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:32:02 +0200
I have said this before but, no one ever answered.  I can get a LHD MGF for
about DM 40,000 (U.S. $ 23,000) postage is extra.  Not much, though.  I
shipped my MGB from NH, U.S.A. to Germany (door to door for $1500).  I have
tried to determine what modifications are needed to get an MGF into the
U.S., but have been unsuccessful.  I can't get an intelligent answer from
anyone.  Probably because the Europeans don't care what a car needs to leave
Europe,  and the American authorities over here are just as clueless (Um, a
speedometer in MPH, maybe - oh, perhaps different headlights - gee, I don't
know about safety glass standards, etc.), so no one that I can find knows.

I apologize to the list because, I said, a few months ago, that I would find
out what is needed.  Well, I tried but, failed - sorry.  OBTW, I have no
financial interest, ect.
"Jay"
John S. van Syckel
1971 MGB (BRG, no PO)